While we are on our health kick (we will maybe be done next week or so, but I haven’t losty enough weights yet – you?), we are looking at great tasting food (Florentine steak), that we can still eat and lose weight with.
While the cooking method for this steak recipe means standing it up on the “T,” celebrity Florentine butcher Dario Cecchini guarantees it yields truly juicy results. It’s important to get a T-bone steak that’s 1 1/2 inches thick or it won’t stand on its end on the grill, as instructed. Ask your butcher to cut one to order for you.
- 2 T-bone steaks (2 1/2-3 pounds total), about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator about 1 hour before you’re ready to braai
- preparer your braai to be of medium heat.
- Braai the steaks for 4 minutes on each side, then balance each steak on end and braai for about 5 minutes more for medium-rare, 6 to 8 minutes for medium. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, cut the steak off the bones and cut it into cubes. Serve drizzled with oil and seasoned with salt and pepper.
Are you losing weight yet? Well, try this recipe and tell me how it tasted in the comments below.