As we build up to Christmas, we tend to have people over all the time and we are inspired to entertain and serve great food. Over the next few days I will be looking at what recipes work best within this season and makes for a great meal around the festive season.
Today’s recipe serves up an age old chicken portion favorite with a delectable marinade. Follow the recipe below and enjoy
– 25 generously-sized chicken wings
– Ginger and honey marinade
– 5 spring onions, finely sliced
– 5 tbsp honey
– 2 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 red chilli, sliced
– 1-2 cm piece of ginger, grated
– 4-5 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl to make a sticky sauce.
2. Place the chicken wings in a single layer in a wide, shallow, nonreactive dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge to marinate for 24 hours.
3. Heat your braai until it’s hot. Cook the wings for 15–20 minutes, turning often, until dark and the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a skewer. If cooking on a griddle, finish the wings in the oven at 180C/gas 4 for 10–15 minutes to ensure they’re cooked through.
If you tried out my recipe below, I would love to hear your experience and the response of your guests below. Thanks for braaing!