Braai Oven…have a look :)

Have a look at this if you all enjoy braaing! Please send me your opinions… abbushpig@gmail.com

Cheers

Tags: , ,

Author:Orcaman

Enjoy steel decor manufacturing,sailing and BRAAING :)

8 Responses to “Braai Oven…have a look :)”

1. 16 February 2011 at 13:04 #

Please give us an idea of how it works, what will be the heat source, and what can you cook with it? Ek’s baie nuuskierig om te weet.

• 16 February 2011 at 16:08 #

Hi John, I posted an essay to your question but I seem to have posted it elsewhere!
      Basically you place a few coals as you would a poitjie, place a few coals on the side and top gratings,+- 3 briquettes each, wait about 5 minutes, pop your bread or whatever dish you’re making and check in now and then. The heat is retained in the steel so even ‘peeking in’ often doesn’t affect the cooking.
      To date we have done breads, lasagne, oxtail stew, a bobotie and jokingly some pop-corn which worked perfectly! :)

Thanks,

Andrew
      PS: At the bottom of the website is a link to a short YouTube clip.

2. Draad Linde
    16 February 2011 at 15:39 #

Great om te gebruik vir die desember 4 weke kamp!
    Ideal om brood ens te bak. baie oulike gadget.

3. 16 February 2011 at 16:02 #

Hi Draad, ek is by die kus en ons braai baie en my eie BushPig word ten minste 2 keer n week gebruik.(misbruik!) Ek ‘average’ so 17-20 miniete n brood en elke een gewoonlik anders….spek, olywe ens.

Cheers

Andrew

4. 16 February 2011 at 16:59 #

Very cool! Got a demo model you could send me to try out?

Cheers,
    BraaiBoy

• 16 February 2011 at 17:32 #

Hehe, you wouldn’t be the first to ask me that one! :)
      Unfortunately the BushPig doesn’t give you the gold price in Hong Kong every morning and it doesn’t have an alarm but one of the features I really like is that it doesn’t backchat.
      Ideally I would like to get it to a cricket game at Newlands eg and have a demo but they are strict on braaing apparently. The manager at St Georges in PE reckons gas only.

Cheers,

Andrew

5. Chris
    24 July 2011 at 04:22 #

I want one . Please contact me.

6. Pikkie
    30 November 2012 at 12:16 #

Pikkie in PE,

Ek sal net graag wil weet wat dit kos en waar dit bestel kan word.
    My epos: francoisvh50@gmail.com. Tel: 073 311 6212. Dankie.