This kebab recipe works well because all of the ingredients will be cooked to perfection at the same time. The marinade not only adds flavor but keeps the small pieces of top sirloin from drying out.
– 1 pound/450 g beef top sirloin, cut into 1 inch cubes.
– 1 green pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
– 1 medium onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
– 1 can pineapple chunks
– 1/2 cup/120 mL vegetable oil
– 1/3 cup/80 mL sherry
– 1/3 cup/80 mL soy sauce
– 1/4 cup/60 mL brown sugar
– 1 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon/5 mL minced ginger
Combine vegetable oil, sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Mix well. Place in a baking dish and add your sirloin. Turn to coat well. Let sit for 1 hour. Preheat your braai. Tread sirloin strips, peppers, and pineapple onto skewers. Grill over high heat until the meat is done, about 8 minutes turning occasionally.
Are you trying out the recipe? Tell us about it below.